What I Teach:
I am the Instrumental Music Educator for grades six through twelve. I currently teach the following classes at the high school level.
- High School Band- A class for students who play band instruments (previous experience required
Students in the music department also have access to a Jazz Band during the AT Period as well as many extra curricular activities such as our annual ROCK SHOW.
- Intro to Guitar- A class for high school students who want to learn guitar (no experience needed)
- Music Fundamentals- An intro to many elements of music including history, composing and theory (no experience needed)
- Recording Technology- Students with some previous musical experience learn to use Logic recording software and the hardware in our studio (limit 5 students- previous musical experience required)
- Intro To Documentary Film (New) - Students will watch and analyze documentary films and make their own short film.
I live in East Berkshire with my wife and two children, two cats and dog. When I am not teaching I enjoy walking, hiking, swimming and other outdoor activities. I often play music with small groups and alone. I am primarily a saxophone player but I really enjoy playing a range of instruments that are not the violin. I currently play bass with The Mountain Says No, a local rock band who just released their first album this spring.