The winter planning meeting was held on January 27th at the Bleacher's Restaurant on Main Street, Enosburg Falls at 1:00 pm. Darlene Worth, Stephanie Machia, Lori Perley, Amy Severance, Damian Blouin and Steve Hayes attended. Tickets for the 2018 Calcutta fundraiser were distributed. Plans were reviewed for the Annual Alumni Golf Tournament were firmed up, (details provided below). The next meeting will be held at The Bleacher's Restaurant prior to the Calcutta in May, the date and time will be posted here when they are available .
The EFHS Alumni Association is comprised of all of the graduates of Enosburg Falls High School. The High School has been sending graduates into the world since 1891 and boasts a diverse, accomplished membership that, while it is dispersed across the country and around the world; is heavily represented in the Franklin County area. The association supports four primary activities.
1. The Alumni Banquet that is celebrated on Saturday evening on the last full weekend of the month of June at the Enosburg Opera House.
2. The Alumni Golf Tournament, currently being held at Enosburg Falls Country Club at 11:00 am on the Friday preceding the Banquet.
3. The Alumni Directory, the seventh edition published in June 2016. It can be purchased by mail or at Wood Meadow Market on Main Street in Enosburg. This edition has an addition 12 classes of graduates and numerous corrections and updates to the 2004 edition. A special thank you is extended to Marcia Blanco, the Digital Media Productions teacher at the Cold Hollow Career Center for her tireless efforts in arranging this years directory for printing by Reprographics.
4. The EFHS Alumni Scholarship is awarded annually to two graduating seniors. This activity received a welcome impetus from Darlene Hill Worth from the Class of '64. Information on this year's fundraising efforts are provided below.
Alumni Weekend for 2018 is planned for June 22-23. The Golf Tournament will be at Enosburg Falls Country Club on Friday, June 22nd. The cost is $50 per golfer. Registration will start at 10:00 am at the clubhouse. The shotgun start is set for 11:00 am, (please note that the start time has been moved an hour earlier this year). Teams are encouraged to register prior to Friday by sending a completed registration form and payment to Susan Blouin at P.O. Box 683, Enosburg Falls, VT 05450, email contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration forms will be available for download in the near future.
The Alumni Banquet will be at the Enosburg Opera House on Saturday, June 23rd. The doors will open at 6:00 pm for the Social hour to be followed by the Banquet at 7:00, a short Alumni Association meeting and then dancing to the sounds of our DJ J&M Entertainment until 11:00 pm. Alumni who plan to attend can contact Steve Hayes at email@example.com , 413 Butternut Road, Williston, 05495 or 802-734-1298. Tickets are $25 for classes through 1968 and $20 for classes 1967-1949. Complementary tickets are available for alumni members who graduated in 1948 or earlier.
The Reunion Classes for 2018 include all class years ending in “8” and “3”; these include 2013, 2008, 2003, 1998, 1993, 1988, 1983, 1978, 1973, 1968, 1963, 1958, 1953, 1948. While Reunion Classes typically gather to mark fifth year milestones all Alumni are welcome to attend any year if they so choose.
The Calcutta Fundraiser is back in 2018. The event will be held at the Dairy Center Stonebrook hall on May 5, 2018 starting at 6:00 pm. Tickets are available for $120 and provide a dinner for two as well as a chance to win the Grand Prize of $3,000. Tickets will be going on sale in the near future and will be available from Darlene Worth, Stephanie Young, Liz Jackson, Allen Demar, Amy Severance, Steve Hayes and Wood Meadow Market on Main Street in Enosburg.
The seventh edition of the Alumni Directory was published in June of 2016; this edition includes an additional 12 years of graduates since our 2004 edition. Copies of the directory are available for purchase at the Wood Meadow Market on Main Street, Enosburg Falls for $15. Updates or corrections to the directory information can be sent to Steve Hayes (information above).
The 2017 EFHS Alumni Banquet was celebrated on Saturday, June 24, 2017. The group in attendance featured an outstanding turnout from our 50th anniversary Class of ’67 as well as healthy number from the Classes of ’62 and '57. Marian Carpenter Wetherbee was honored as the senior Alumni in attendance representing the Class of 1943. Marian earned a donation to the Enosburg Food Shelf on behalf of her class. The “Miles to Go Before I Sleep” award for the alumni who traveled the greatest distance to attend the Banquet was shared by two members of the Class of '67 this year. Cindy Coyne Mikelson traveled all the way from Port Orchard, Washington. Lucie Barabe made the trip from Sacramento, CA.
Classes in attendance included 1972, 1971, 1967, 1964, 1962, 1957, 1949, 1947 and 1943.
Friday’s Alumni Golf Tournament was played in trying conditions on a course that was saturated from record June rainfall. We managed to play about 9 holes before the horn sounded due to wet conditions. All participants received a complementary pass to allow them to complete the round at their discretion. It is a testament to the hardiness of the Alumni golfers that the event still raised $1700 to help support the EFHS Annual Scholarship Fund award from 93 participants.
It takes a number of volunteers to keep the Alumni Weekend going. Thanks to the following individuals for their valued contributions of their time.
· Bob Young ’65, Lauren Lamonda Young, '66, Allen Demar ’70, Susan Gervais Blouin, '86, Laurie Paradis Perley, '89 and Tammy Marshia Larose, '89 for their work on the Alumni Golf Tournament.
· Ryan Hayes for preparing the Banquet programs.
· Nathan Gingras, Director of Technology for his efforts to keep our web site postings up to date
· Sally Bashaw ’69 for serving as the liaison person between the Alumni Association and the High School
· Stephanie Young Machia ’86 for her assistance in setting up and staffing the Alumni Banquet at the Opera House.
· Darlene Hill Worth ’64 for all her work on the Alumni Scholarship Raffle.
· Janice Fleury Geraw, '49 and Gregory Lamoureux, '06 for their assistance with the photographs for the new Alumni Directory.