The EFHS Alumni Association is comprised of all of the graduates of Enosburg Falls High School. The High School has been sending graduates into the world since 1891 and boasts a diverse, accomplished membership that, while it is dispersed across the country and around the world; is heavily represented in the Franklin County area. The association supports four primary activities.
1. The Alumni Banquet that is celebrated on Saturday evening on the last full weekend of the month of June at the Enosburg Opera House.
2. The Alumni Golf Tournament, currently being held at Enosburg Falls Country Club at noon on the Friday preceding the Banquet.
3. The Alumni Directory, the seventh edition published in June 2016. It can be purchased by mail or at Wood Meadow Market on Main Street in Enosburg. This edition has an addition 12 classes of graduates and numerous corrections and updates to the 2004 edition. A special thank you is extended to Marcia Blanco, the Digital Media Productions teacher at the Cold Hollow Career Center for her tireless efforts in arranging this edition of the directory for printing by Reprographics.
4. The EFHS Alumni Scholarship is awarded annually to two graduating seniors. This activity received a welcome impetus from Darlene Hill Worth from the Class of '64. Information on this year's fundraising efforts are provided below.
Alumni Weekend for 2020 is planned for June 26-27. The Golf Tournament will be at Enosburg Falls Country Club on Friday, June 26th. The cost is $50 per golfer if you register and pay by June 6th, $55 for golfers paying after that date. Registration will start at 11:00 am at the clubhouse. The shotgun start is set for 12:00 noon. Teams are encouraged to register prior to Friday by sending a completed registration form and payment to Susan Blouin at P.O. Box 683, Enosburg Falls, VT 05450, email contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration forms are available for download thanks to Lori Perley.
The Alumni Banquet will be at the Enosburg Opera House on Saturday, June 27th. The doors will open at 6:00 pm for the Social hour to be followed by the Banquet at 7:00, a short Alumni Association meeting and then dancing to the sounds of our DJ J&M Entertainment until 11:00 pm. Alumni who plan to attend can contact Steve Hayes at email@example.com , 413 Butternut Road, Williston, 05495 or 802-734-1298. Tickets are $25 for classes through 1970 and $20 for classes 1969-1951. Complementary tickets are available for alumni members who graduated in 1950 or earlier.
The Reunion Classes for 2020 include all class years ending in “0” and “5”; these include 2015, 2010, 2005, 2000, 1995, 1990, 1985, 1980, 1975, 1970, 1965, 1960, 1955, 1950. While Reunion Classes typically gather to mark fifth year milestones all Alumni are welcome to attend any year if they so choose.
Prospects for the third annual Calcutta Fundraiser in the spring of 2020 are promising but details are not available yet. They will be posted here as soon as they are finalized.
The seventh edition of the Alumni Directory was published in June of 2016; this edition includes an additional 12 years of graduates since our 2004 edition. Copies of the directory are available for purchase at the Wood Meadow Market on Main Street, Enosburg Falls for $15. Updates or corrections to the directory information can be sent to Steve Hayes (information above).
The 2019 EFHS Alumni Banquet was celebrated on Saturday, June 29, 2019. The group in attendance featured an outstanding turnout from our 50th anniversary Class of ’69 as well as healthy number from the Classes of ’64, '59 and '54. Marian Carpenter Wetherbee was honored as the senior Alumni in attendance representing the Class of 1943. Marian earned a donation to the Enosburg Food Shelf on behalf of her class. The “Miles to Go Before I Sleep” award for the alumni who traveled the greatest distance to attend the Banquet was shared by Larry Pudvah from the Class of '59 and James Lawyer from the Class of '64. Larry traveled all the way from Tucson, Arizona while James traveled from Newburg, Oregon.
Classes in attendance included 1981, 1979, 1972, 1971, 1969, 1966, 1964, 1959, 1957, 1954, 1949, and 1943.
Friday’s Alumni Golf Tournament featured a record turnout of 31 teams totaling 133 golfers. The tournament raised $3,244.50 for the EFHS Annual Scholarship Fund on an absolutely splendid day for being on an Enosburg Falls Golf Course that was in excellent condition.
The Class of '64 took the initiative for an impromptu Alumni Scholarship Fund collection during this year's Banquet. Their generosity resulted in the following class contributions in support of one scholarship fund:
It takes a number of volunteers to keep the Alumni Weekend going. Thanks to the following individuals for their valued contributions of their time.
· Bob Young ’65, Lauren Lamonda Young, '66, Allen Demar ’70, Damian Blouin, '86, Susan Gervais Blouin, '86, Stephanie Young Machia, '86, Lori Paradis Perley, '89, Tammy Marshia Larose, '89 and Amy Young Severance, '88, for their work on the Alumni Golf Tournament.
· Ryan Hayes for preparing the Banquet programs.
· Nathan Gingras, Director of Technology for his efforts to keep our web site postings up to date
· Sally Bashaw ’69 for serving as the liaison person between the Alumni Association and the High School
· Susan Hayes Whitney ’81 for her assistance in with Alumni Banquet staffing and our first year of name-tag availability.
· Patrick Hayes ’71 for his assistance with Alumni Banquet staffing and our first year of name-tag availability.