School Counseling Annual Events
Event: Freshmen, New Student, School Choice Orientation and BBQ
Date: Monday August 26, 2019
Event: College Fair at St Mike's
Date: Thursday September 19, 2019
Time: Leave school at 8:00am, return by last block
Details: Required: College Fair Pre-Session during AT.
Event: VSAC Financial Aid & Forms Night
November date TBD @ EFHS 5:30-7:30 . You will need to bring everything listed in Step 2 below:
7 STEPS TO SUBMITTING YOUR FAFSA APPLICATION
- Create a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID (username and password). You’ll need this to log into the FAFSA website—and any other FSA borrower websites. If you’re financially dependent on your parents, a parent will need to create his or her own, separate FSA ID.
- Gather your information. Being prepared will make the FAFSA application process easier—and faster. Here’s what you’ll need to have on hand for yourself, your spouse (if you’re married) and/or your parents (if you’re a dependent student):
- Social Security number
- Alien registration number (if you’re not a U.S. citizen)
- federal tax returns, including W2s (see application to determine which tax year you need)
- Records of untaxed income (like child support)
- Bank records (cash, savings, checking account balances)
- Investment information (such as stocks/bonds not in a qualified retirement plan, or investment property)
- Your colleges: You must list at least 1 college to receive your information. You may update your choices later to receive aid at a different school.
- Start a new FAFSA application. With your FSA ID in hand, go to fafsa.ed.gov and click on “Start a New FAFSA.” Follow the instructions to fill out your application. You’ll also see “Help and Hints” on the site throughout the application process. Refer to these whenever you have a question.
- Submit your FAFSA application as early as possible. Most colleges and scholarships have application deadlines that you can find on their websites or in their printed materials. Though there are deadlines you need to be mindful of, you do not want to wait to apply. Some aid is awarded on a first come, first served basis. Don’t miss out!
- Look for a confirmation page. After you sign and submit your FAFSA, you should see a confirmation page. If you don’t see this confirmation, double check that you’ve clicked the submit button. If you provided an email address, you will receive a copy of the confirmation page by email. Be sure to keep your confirmation number with your other important financial aid information. You’ll also see a link on the confirmation page that will bring you to VSAC’s website to complete the Vermont Grantapplication. Follow this link for application instructions.
Event: VSAC FAFSA Fridays
VSAC Helpline & Walk in Assistance 1-888-943-7301 Fridays from 10-3
Oct 20, 27; Nov 3,17; Jan 5,12,19,26; Feb 2,9,16,23
Event: Junior College Planning Night
Date: March 2020, date TBD
School Counseling Department Activities Calendar (College Rep visits, School Counselor sponsored activities, etc.)