Enosburg Falls High School

Skip to main content
See Hornet News below to purchase a yearbook or yearbook ad.

Welcome to the Student Assistance Program!

What is the Student Assistance Program?
A Student Assistance Program (SAP) is an on-site counselor who identifies and assists students experiencing personal stressors that can impede their school performance, and negatively impact their social and emotional well-being. The SAP works with students who are dealing with a variety of personal issues, including those related to alcohol and other drugs, depression, anxiety, academic issues, family and friend stressors to name a few. Once a student is referred to the SAP, the counselor will meet with the student for an assessment. The counselor then refers the student to other services in the school or community; or the SAP counselor will provide brief counseling to address specific issues.
Our SAP Counselor is Teegan Deuso. She can be reached by phone, (802) 933-7778 ext. 107 or by email, tdeuso@enosburgk12.net.  Mrs. Deuso works closely with the Enosburg Falls Middle and High School Counseling Department to provide wrap-around services to students in need.  
How do students access the SAP?

1. Students can be referred by a teacher, parent, or a friend out of concern about specific behavior which indicates that the student may be dealing with personal problems.

2. Students can refer themselves, by visiting the SAP counselor, Teegan Deuso in room 107 (in the Counseling Office).

3. A student who is caught in violation of the school's alcohol and other drug policy and will be required to participate in an alcohol and drug education group.

What should I look for when referring to the SAP? 

  • Rapid decline in grades
  • Concerns about the social, emotional, and/or academic impact of use by family member on your child
  • Loss of interest in activities
  • Tardiness or truancy
  • Legal problems due to substance abuse
  • Friends or school personnel expressing concern
  • New set of friends
  • Decreased immunity - sick more often
  • Drastic weight loss or gain
  • Bloodshot eyes, dull or glassy, dilated or constricted
  • No explanation for how money was spent
  • Mood swings
  • Loss of memory for certain periods of time (blackouts)
  • Secrecy, dishonesty, excuses, defensiveness
  • Withdrawal from family
  • Anger and/or defiance
What happens when a student is referred to the SAP?
Students who are referred to the SAP Counselor are initially screened to look for a variety of potential factors that could be impacting the student's life.  Students are then given a brief counseling intervention before possibly being referral to one or more of the following: 
- Seeing a school counselor
- Joining a school based or a community based support group
- Given educational materials 
- Visiting a local agency counselor or assessment person
- Consulting with a medical doctor 
The Student Assistance Program at EFMHS offers the following student groups:
-Our Voices Exposed (OVX): A student-led tobacco prevention group
-Youth Risk Behavior Survey Leadership Team: This team analyzes the Youth Risk Behavior Survey, identifies concerns, and creates/implements action plans to address these concerns.  
-G.L.O.W. (Gay, Lesbian, Or Whatever): This group is offered in the Middle School by Mrs. Deuso.  It is an LGBTQ Commuity support group.  G.L.O.W. is also offered at the High School.  Mrs. Sturtevant and Ms. Sherman are the advisors. 
-Ongoing educational support groups to support students who are trying to quit, are at risk of using, or have family members who are using tobacco, alcohol, and/or other drugs. 
Franking County Resources: 

Mrs. Teegan Deuso
SAP Counselor
Send email