The First Annual Calcutta Fundraiser is Saturday 5/13/17 at the Stonebrook Hall at the Dairy Center. The event kicks off at 6:00 pm sharp. Tickets may still be available at the Wood Meadow Market on Main Street in Enosburg Falls. A $120 ticket is good for a dinner for two and one chance in 100 to win $3,000.
The EFHS Alumni Association is comprised of all of the graduates of Enosburg Falls High School. The High School has been sending graduates into the world since 1891 and boasts a diverse, accomplished membership that, while it is dispersed across the country and around the world; is heavily represented in the Franklin County area. The association supports four primary activities.
1. The Alumni Banquet that is celebrated on Saturday evening on the last full weekend of the month of June at the Enosburg Opera House.
2. The Alumni Golf Tournament, currently being held at Enosburg Falls Country Club at noon on the Friday preceding the Banquet.
3. The Alumni Directory, the seventh edition published in June 2016. It can be purchased by mail or at Wood Meadow Market on Main Street in Enosburg. This edition has an addition 12 classes of graduates and numerous corrections and updates to the 2004 edition. A special thank you is extended to Marcia Blanco, the Digital Media Productions teacher at the Cold Hollow Career Center for her tireless efforts in arranging this years directory for printing by Reprographics.
4. The EFHS Alumni Scholarship Fund is awarded annually to a graduating senior. This activity received a welcome impetus from Darlene Hill Worth from the Class of '64. Information on this year's fundraising efforts are provided below.
Alumni Weekend for 2017 is planned for June 23-24. The Golf Tournament will be at Enosburg Falls Country Club on Friday, June 23th. The cost is tentatively $50 per golfer. Registration will start at 11:00 am at the clubhouse. The shotgun start is set for 12:00 noon sharp. Teams can register prior to Friday by sending player names and payment to Allen Demar at P.O. Box 31, Enosburg Falls, VT 05450.
The Alumni Banquet will be at the Enosburg Opera House on Saturday, June 24th. The doors will open at 6:00 pm for the Social hour to be followed by the Banquet at 7:00, a short Alumni Association meeting and then dancing to the sounds of our DJ J&M Entertainment until 11:00 pm. Alumni who plan to attend can contact Steve Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org , 413 Butternut Road, Williston, 05495 or 802-734-1298. Tickets are $25 for classes through 1967 and $20 for classes 1966-1948. Complementary tickets are available for alumni members who graduated in 1947 or earlier.
The Reunion Classes for 2017 include all class years ending in “7” and “2”; these include 2012, 2007, 2002, 1997, 1992, 1987, 1982, 1977, 1972, 1967, 1962, 1957, 1952, 1947. While Reunion Classes typically gather to mark fifth year milestones all Alumni are welcome to attend any year if they so choose.
The seventh edition of the Alumni Directory was published in June of 2016; this edition includes an additional 12 years of graduates since our 2004 edition. Copies of the directory are available for purchase at the Wood Meadow Market on Main Street, Enosburg Falls for $15. Updates or corrections to the directory information can be sent to Steve Hayes (information above).
The 2016 EFHS Alumni Banquet was celebrated on Saturday, June 25, 2016. The group in attendance featured an outstanding turnout from our 50th anniversary Class of ’66 as well as healthy number from the Classes of ’61 and '56.Marian Carpenter Wetherbee and Charlotte Johnson White were honored as the senior Alumni in attendance representing the Class of 1943. These classmates earned a donation to the Enosburg Food Shelf on behalf of their class. The “Miles to Go Before I Sleep” award for the alumni who traveled the greatest distance to attend the Banquet was divided into an "international" and "domestic" branches this year. Michael Goldstein form the Class of '66 traveled all the way from Canberra, Australia. The stateside award went to Susan Hayes Whitney, Class of '81, traveling north from Ft. Myers, FL. The Hayes family had the best turnout on a family basis with Susan Hayes Whitney from the Class of ’81; Kathryn Hayes Lamb from the Class of ’76, Steve Hayes from the Class of '72, Patrick Hayes from the Class of '71 and Helen Corron Hayes and James Hayes from the Class of ’49.
Classes in attendance included 1986, 1981, 1976, 1972, 1971, 1966, 1964, 1961, 1956, 1949 and 1943.
Friday’s Alumni Golf Tournament had a strong turnout on an absolutely splendid summer afternoon with 124 golfers participating in the event. The tournament produced a total of $2,230 in net proceeds to help support the EFHS Annual Scholarship Fund award.
It takes a number of volunteers to keep the Alumni Weekend going. Thanks to the following individuals for their valued contributions of their time.
· Bob Young ’65, Lauren Lamonda Young, '66, Allen Demar ’70, and Lynn Paradee for their work on the Alumni Golf Tournament.
· Ryan Hayes for preparing the Banquet programs.
· Nathan Gingras, Director of Technology for his efforts to keep our web site postings up to date
· Sally Bashaw ’69 for serving as the liaison person between the Alumni Association and the High School
· Susan Hayes Whitney ’81 along with her husband Dale Whitney for their assistance in setting up and staffing the Alumni Banquet at the Opera House.
· Darlene Hill Worth ’64 for all her work on the Alumni Scholarship Raffle.
· Janice Fleury Geraw, '49 and Gregory Lamoureux, '06 for their assistance with the photographs for the new Alumni Directory.